Where will the title appear in a new community?
- In the title bar of the browser window and tab
- As the page title of the main page
- Displayed in the magic word
- As the default project namespace
- Choose a title that will attract people to your community and explain to them what the wiki's subject is about.
- The title should reflect the URL and subject of the community. For example, "Music Wiki" as the title for music.fandom.com. This makes it easier for people to find the community they want. Real words are therefore preferable to made-up terms such as WikiMusic.
- Your page rank in search results is partly based on the title. So if you want your community to show up when people search for "charles dickens", then "Charles Dickens Wiki" is a better title than "Scroogepedia".
- Because the title for the community will be used by default for the project namespace, a short sitename is better. For example, if the title is "Doom Wiki the best Doom site", project pages would be located at "Doom Wiki the best Doom site:Page title", which is awkward; the shorter title of "Doom Wiki" would work better.
How to change your community's title
After the community is created, it is still possible to change the title.
- Any community founder or admin (with community support) can request a sitename change through Special:Contact.
- If you want the title and project namespace to be different from each other, please contact Fandom Staff to request the change.
- Customize the Wiki Description.
Further help and feedback
Retrieved from "https://roliana.fandom.com/wiki/Help:Sitename"
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.